Aberdeen Timberland Library to close for repairs
The Aberdeen Timberland Library will be closed for a facility improvement project from Monday, July 30 through Saturday, August 11.
“When the library reopens on Monday, August 13, members of the public will see repairs and upgrades made to the high traffic areas of the library including the public restrooms, carpet, and wall surfaces,” said Aberdeen Timberland Library Manager Christine Peck.
The library, built in 1966, had a major renovation in 2000. The current project addresses some of the wear and tear to the building during the past twelve years, upgrades HVAC controls and ventilation in selected areas, and adds additional lighting in the audio visual and oversize collection areas, two dark corners where the collection has been hard to see.
Architect Will Foster from the firm of Street, Lundgren, and Foster in Montesano has put the plan together. Rognlin’s, Inc. of Aberdeen will complete the following improvements:
• Repair and upgrades to public restrooms including new automatic hand dryers & faucets; new counter tops and mirrors;
• Replacement of carpet in high traffic areas including the main computer area;
• Repair and upgrades to wall surfaces in high traffic areas including additional wall and corner guards & painting;
• Upgrades to fans and duct work in two meeting rooms, magazine/newspaper area, public restrooms, and the library manager’s office, plus installation of new digital HVAC controls;
• Installation of additional lighting in selected areas.
The computer work station panels will also be repaired and cleaned.
Patrons may continue to return materials to any book drop outside the library. Staff will empty book drops each day Monday through Saturday. Materials checked out at the Aberdeen Timberland Library since Monday, July 9 are not due until August 13.
The bid for the project was awarded to Rognlin’s by the City of Aberdeen for $97,975. The funding comes from the Grays Harbor Community Foundation Kathryn N. Sherk Bequest, the Weatherwax Charitable Remainder Trust, the Timberland Regional Library District, and the Don Ratke Estate.
For more information and assistance people may contact the library at (360) 533-2360, telephone the Timberland Regional Library Central Reference Service at 1-800-562-6022, or go to http://www.TRL.org.