Contractor airlifted with life threatening injuries
A local contractor painting in the 800 block of 1st Street in Aberdeen was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center this afternoon after being electrocuted.
The man was with a crew painting a business on 1st street on Saturday when he made contact with a power line. Captain JR Streifel with the Aberdeen Fire Department says the man was in a lifted basket when it appears his paint gun struck the line. The Grays Harbor PUD told KXRO that power was knocked out for approximately 40 customers following.
The power to the lift was also disrupted making extraction of the man difficult. Fire crews were able to get the semi-conscious man down and transported to Grays Harbor Community Hospital. He was then airlifted to Harborview Medical Center with life threatening injuries.
His name was not released by authorities.