Greater Grays Harbor looking for new boardmembers
Greater Grays Harbor, Inc. is looking for people to join their board. They say that they are looking for; “Dedicated people with skills and perspective, leaders with the desire to see Grays Harbor become a world-class business center, and the energy to make it happen.”
Anyone who owns or works for a business that is a member of Greater Grays Harbor is eligible.
To be a board member, you must submit a letter of interest by March 10 to Candie Gleason, explaining why you want to serve and what makes you a great candidate. There are 15 board members chosen to represent the diversity of the Grays Harbor business environment.
Board meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month.
Criteria for board selection:
Must be a member of GGHI. Employees of businesses that are members are considered members.
Greater Grays Harbor says that they are especially looking for people with;
• Private sector background.
• Strong supporter of economic development for this region.
• Board service, emphasis on private sector boards/organizations.
• A positive vision for Grays Harbor and desire to play an active role.
• Interest in increasing regional awareness and support for Grays Harbor.
• Geographic representation.
• Entrepreneurial/business attitude.
• Team player.
• Consensus builder (plays well with others).
• Participatory leadership skills.
• Common-sense approach to solving problems.
• Community involvement, especially in the private sector.
• Here for long term, to actively contribute.
• Respectful of others’ opinions.
• Able to set aside disagreements and respect the decision of the majority.
• Puts good of organization above individual interests/agenda.
• Well-rounded individual.
• Sense of humor.
• Business experience in large industry, small business, retail, finance, tourism/hospitality or related fields.
• Leadership experience.
• Experience serving as a board member.
• Marketing experience.
• Economic development experience.
To apply, submit your letter of interest by mail or email to Candie Gleason by March 10, 2014. Candie@GraysHarbor.Org; 506 Duffy Street, Aberdeen, WA, 98520. For more information call 532-7888.