Home > Harbor News > SOUTH ABERDEEN FIRE


February 25, 2011

Despite cold and wet weather, the Aberdeen Fire Department responded Thursday afternoon to a fire that consumed a residence on Marion in South Aberdeen. Battalion Chief Damon Lillybridge told KXRO that the fire started in the kitchen of the residence when a stove was left unattended. There was extensive heat damage to the kitchen area with moderate smoke damage throughout the structure. The residents were not at home at the time the fire broke out.

Lillybridge says the fire spread from the kitchen and into the attic. Aberdeen Fire attempted to extinguish the blaze for approximately an hour, but the fire was fully involved by the time they were on scene. The damage is estimated to be around 50 thousand dollars.

Aberdeen Fire reminds residents, this serves as a good reminder to never leave cooking items on the stove unattended. Always check your appliance to confirm it is off after use.

Categories: Harbor News
%d bloggers like this: