Think of Me Hill fire causes $5000 in damage
The Aberdeen Fire Department was sent to the 1300 block of Fairfield, on Think of Me Hill, on Monday for a home fire.
Captain Mark Dulin told KXRO that when crews arrived, smoke we already venting out of the attic, and when they got inside they found fire inside the walls surrounding the chimney. The fire was under control after 30 minutes of response after removing the interior and exterior walls to get to the flames. Damage was limited to an estimated $5000.
An investigation found that the poor condition of the chimney was the cause of the fire. Aberdeen Fire reminds residents to have your chimney cleaned and inspected annually.