Home > Harbor News > Electrical fire in unoccupied Aberdeen home

Electrical fire in unoccupied Aberdeen home

January 16, 2014

A faulty outlet is being called the source of a fire in an Aberdeen home on Wednesday.

Just before 5 pm, the Aberdeen Fire Department was called to 1st St for a fire in a 2 story home. When crews arrived, smoke could be seen coming out of a 2nd floor window.

Crews from Aberdeen and Hoquiam were able to contain the fire to a single room because the door to the room was closed. The origin of the fire was an electrical outlet on the wall, where a bed was pressed up against. A heater had been plugged into that outlet, but Captain JR Streifel says that the heater was not the cause of the fire, it was the outlet itself.

There were no residents at home when the fire started. There were no injuries.

AFD

Categories: Harbor News
%d bloggers like this: